Total run time: 18min
2K digital, stereo, color
Directors: Hee Young Pyun + Jiajun ‘Oscar’ Zhang
Producers: Jacky Pang, Factory Gate Films
Based on a past dweller’s memory, this hybrid film is made by five filmmakers who went on a journey to Northwest China.
Following the traces of his forefathers, a traveler is wandering in a ghost town of an abandoned oil field. As dreams and memories blend, the old town starts to overlap with a thriving contemporary town. Are these teeming living things the future of the forgotten ruin, or the relics the destiny of the present time of splendor? Lost in dreams and memories, the traveler murmurs: anywhere at any time, hometowns are alike.
Festivals and Awards:
- 52nd Visions du Réel, Special Jury Award
- 2021 Montreal International Documentary Festival, Best International Short Or Medium-Length Film
- 13th DMZ International Documentary Film Festival
- 5th Pingyao Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon International Film Festival
- 2021 Beijing International Short Film Festival, Chinese Competition
- 8th GZDOC Guangzhou International documentary Film Festival
- 2022 CinemaAmbiente Environmental film festival
- 2022 Tenerife Shorts