Director/Editor: Jiajun (Oscar) Zhang, Hee Young Pyun
Producer: Jacky Pang, Factory Gate Films
A traveller visits his childhood city, in a former oil drilling area in Northern China, which he then thought of was the “centre of the universe”. Haunted by his memories, he gradually loses himself in a dreamlike space, going from an ultra-modern city to a ghost town where he himself can no longer differentiate between what is real or imaginary.
Based on a past dweller’s memory, this hybrid film is made by a small group of five who went on a journey to Northwest China.
Festivals and Awards:
- Winner of 52nd Visions du Réel, International Medium Length & Short Film Competition, Special Jury Prize
- Selected for 13th DMZ International Documentary Film Festival
- Winner of 2021 Montreal International Documentary Festival, Best International Short Or Medium-Length Film
- Selected for 5th Pingyao Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon International Film Festival, Pingyao Corner
- Selected for 2021 Beijing International Short Film Festival, Chinese Competition
– Selected for 8th GZDOC Guangzhou International documentary Film Festival